Audi R8 Gen 1 & 1.5 Side Blade Intake Mesh Install Instructions
Audi R8 Gen 1 & 1.5 Side Blade Intake Mesh
Note: It is assumed that a competent auto body installation specialist is doing the install as it requires an advanced experienced level of skill due to the plastic welds and order of operations required for a successful installation. If you are not the installer, please make sure the installer gets these instructions.
- WATCH THE INSTALLATION VIDEOS NO MATTER HOW EXPERIENCED OF AN INSTALLATION EXPERT YOU ARE. THEY ARE LOCATED AT:
Audi R8 Side Blade Intake Mesh Install -
- IN ADDITION TO THE VIDEOS ABOVE, REVIEW THE FOLLOWING:
Side Blade Sub-Assembly Install Reference
Note: not all of the Audi manual is included and it is assumed as an auto body shop advanced installer you have the entire manual or can get access to it. The part included is for visual reference.
- Do NOT over heat the plastic when removing retaining clip attached to factory side blade mesh or installing the clip to the new intake mesh by using the incorrect heating tool. The correct tool is indicated in the videos with links in the description if you need to buy one.
- Do NOT remove extremely sticky automotive tape (red backing) that comes attached to your new intake mesh UNTIL the mesh and side blade are in a satisfactory position:
- Lift lower front corner of red automotive sticky tape so that you can grab and pull it off with needle nose pliers when the time comes.
- Place side blade into position and insert upper screw into the upper side blade screw position. (see videos).
- Once the side blade is in position, the upper screw in place and everything is ready to be FINALIZED (you will not have another chance without risking breaking the new intake mesh if you try to pull the side blade off to re-position as the tape is VERY STICKY)- IF everything is in it’s final position and everything looks satisfactory, then remove the red backing from the automotive tape on the intake mesh and press it against the side blade.
- Now place the final screw (lower side blade screw) and tighten as well as tighten the upper side blade screw.
If you have any questions, please call support at 760-621-3270. If no one is available to take your call, please leave a message and we will respond shortly.